IP Fabric v6.2 (Hessian)
Upgrade version policy
We support the following upgrade paths:
- latest version in the previous major line → any version in the current major line (for example
- any version in the current major line → any newer version in the current major line (for example
- latest version in the current major line → any version in the next major line (for example
Clearing Browser Cache
Please force refresh your browser cache after an upgrade. Depending on your operating system use the following key combination in your browser window:
CTRL + F5
Apple + Ror
⌘ + R
CTRL + F5
v6.2.2 (May 16th, 2023)
SHA256 (ipfabric-6-2-2+0.qcow2) = 45787c1039e3ca322477332fb96d9eb7b63d9bd0682870443066bd355510c242 MD5 (ipfabric-6-2-2+0.qcow2) = d3a7d7c0aed917bacc8c2f5aee33c41f SHA256 (ipfabric-6-2-2+0.ova) = 1ba74e416cfdb777c7f36302911da8f9ad373bc4f167c7fca950f6c7d9d5a1c9 MD5 (ipfabric-6-2-2+0.ova) = fcaa6cde82b4abb41acd8e80c8503a5d SHA256 (ipfabric-update-6-2-2+0.tar.gz.sig) = 464634d28b79565f38d983ec027e2a940a95c6368ea8cd8fd07535eaf4e578fa MD5(ipfabric-update-6-2-2+0.tar.gz.sig) = ccfc9e25d347a00fc8bf085979380bf0
For the list of delivered tickets, please consult the Low-Level Release Notes for 6.2.2.
- Resolved an issue with F5 where interface IP addresses were not correctly interpreted.
- Resolved some FS parsing issues following initial support in
- Improved PBR representation and resolved an issue with set-vrf not correctly interpreted.
- Versa – Changed API endpoints for routing table collection. New endpoints support pagination and allow downloads of big routing tables (see our feature matrix for more details).
- Check Point – refactoring of API discovery.
v6.2.1 (April 11th, 2023)
SHA256 (ipfabric-6-2-1+0.qcow2) = d0c32f66a29235b3c29d5d45c550dd8531634a071f03d82454f9ebe4f8b137a2 MD5 (ipfabric-6-2-1+0.qcow2) = 1b9d9e3792cdd143a594391694d2d040 SHA256 (ipfabric-6-2-1+0.ova) = e0f6fb103aa2e09500d1aebb05aa25d04981cc29c61ae788be6f3acaceed1964 MD5 (ipfabric-6-2-1+0.ova) = ecafc607eaa8277b63564f46574ec101 SHA256 (ipfabric-update-6_2_1+0.tar.gz.sig) = f255329e2cecab9f819feaafdf0f182d696029412b00bdd304606b888aa19964 MD5(ipfabric-update-6_2_1+0.tar.gz.sig) = cfe8cc8f05b4b3f8435612176d5d6e62
Backward incompatible changes
- Tables for Cisco APIC (endpoint group contracts, applications, bridge domains and controllers) have
hostnamecolumns replaced by
- Limiting the number of the Discovery services restarts – only 1 restart per service is allowed (previously unlimited). Crashed service will impact the IP Fabric ability to finish running discovery or start a new one. Investigation of the cause of the restart is advised.
- Alcatel – Added support for basic network management (see our feature matrix for more details).
- FMC – Added support for HA Pairs in Zone Firewall.
- FMC – Added support for EtherChannels in Zone Firewall.
- Lowered the maximum number of concurrent requests to a Viptela controller from 75 to 25 concurrent requests.
- Improved re-authentication process for Viptela controller – this was causing destroyed client issues.
- Forcepoint – NAT support was added (see our feature matrix for more details).
- FS – Added limited support of basic discovery (see our feature matrix for more details).
- Panos – Added support for license (see our feature matrix for more details).
- Prisma – Added support for management tasks (see our feature matrix for more details).
Underlying Operating System and 3rd party packages
dexpackage used for SSO was upgraded from version 2.30.2 to latest version 2.36.0, see their release notes.
- Added several tools to simplify image management and troubleshooting. We are explicitly including the following –
v6.2will break custom SSO integrations and will require a change to the
/etc/ipf-dex.yamlfile. Simply replace the
vX.Yin this file with
v6.2and then run
systemctl restart ipf-dex.
staticClients: - id: ipfabric redirectURIs: - "https://demo1.eu.ipfabric.io/api/vX.Y/auth/external/azure"
For more information, please refer to the SSO documentation. If you would like assistance please contact your Solution Architect.