IP Fabric appliance can be monitored using SNMP protocol. CPU, memory, hard drives and network interfaces can be monitored. Appliance uses standard Linux OS OIDs.
To enable SNMP on IP Fabric appliance do following steps:
- Login to IP Fabric web interface
- Go to Settings → Advanced → SNMP
- Click disabled button to enable it
Select Version (2c or 3 is supported)
Only IP address specified in the Host IP field is enabled to have access to SNMP 161/udp.
If you selected version 2c please configure:
- Host IP - IP address of remote monitoring server
- Locality - location of IP Fabric appliance
- System Contact - contact to responsible person or department
- Community string - must match community string configured on monitoring server
If you selected version 3 please configure:
For user authentication only SHA is supported. For data privacy AES is used.