Starting version 4.3 IP Fabric supports NSX-T API. NSX-T devices are discovered only through API.
To add NSX-T to discovery global settings, go to Settings → Advanced → Vendors API and press the +Add button. Afterward, choose NSX-T API from the list and fill in
- Username and password used to log in to NSX Manager
- Base URL of NSX Manager server (
General Support Information
- IP Fabric is supporting NSX-T from version 3.0 and higher, development was done on version 3.1.2, the latest version is 3.2. We are not supporting the 2.x version, there are a lot of differences, VMware’s end of general support was in September 2021. Product Lifecycle Matrix
- NSX-T running as on-premise (there are also cloud versions for AWS and Azure, where can NSX-T cloud be deployed on top of AWS/Azure infrastructure ), but we don’t support it now.
- We don’t collect any data from vCenter, as NSX-T is multiplatform and supports KVM and bare metal servers as well, if those are connected to the NSX-T cloud, we will collect information about those also.
We Are Supporting These Types Of Devices
- Tier-0 router
- Tier-1 router
- also supporting VRFs
- Distributed Firewall
- Gateway / Edge Firewall
- Context profiles
Source and destination objects for DFW / Gateway Firewall can be defined by:
- IP address or range
- Virtual Machine
Not Supported Features
- Load balancing
- Some security features (IPv6, IPS/IDS, Network introspection, Endpoint protection rules, AD identity groups) – planned for upcoming releases
- Forwarding policies – planned for upcoming releases
- VPN services
- EVPN VxLANs
We are supporting both external connectivity protocols, which are implemented in NSX-T, and of course static routes. External connectivity can be done only on Tier-0 routers.