First Boot Wizard
The First Boot Wizard starts when the IP Fabric appliance is run for the first time and configures basic system parameters:
- Assign hostname.
- Assign domain name.
- Choose IP address acquisition method.
- If the static method is used, configure IP address, netmask, default GW, and DNS servers.
- Configure NTP servers or just select
OKto continue if not using NTP.
- Select time zone.
- Configure internet proxy if used.
- Set the password of the
osadminuser. This password is used to access the IP Fabric System Administration interface and CLI (not for the GUI access, the GUI is accessible with a local administrator account configured in in System Administration - see Access User Interface and Install License) and also to encrypt system backups.
- Optionally define organization parameters for the local SSL certificate.
- After rebooting, the console login screen will display the assigned IP address of the system and provide a link to access the user interface.
The wizard can also be re-run later from the CLI.
Its documentation can be found at System ‘Boot Wizard’.
Remember password from step 8! IP Fabric support engineers are able to reset
osadmin user passwords, but encrypted backups will be lost!
The self-signed SSL certificate can be replaced by a trusted certificate in the IP Fabric web UI. Please see IPF Certificates.