6.1.0, IP Fabric supports Forcepoint SMC API. Forcepoint devices are discovered though CLI and only configuration references like security rules are downloaded via the SMC API.
How To Add Forcepoint SMC To IP Fabric
Generate API Token
Log in to the Forcepoint SMC Web UI.
Generate API tokens
- Click Configuration.
- Open Configuration → Administration → Access Rights → API Clients and select New.
Add some name for the newly created entry and copy the token. When the settings are saved, the token will be hidden. Also add read access privileges.
API end-point needs to be enabled explicitly, as it is disabled by default.
- Click Home
- Go to Other section on the left sidebar.
- Find your management server that you will used to query the data.
- Go to SMC API section where in the tab you have to enable it and also you can specify other parameters.
Add Forcepoint To Vendors API In IP Fabric
To add Forcepoint to discovery global settings, go to Settings → Discovery & Snapshots → Discovery Settings → Vendors API in IP Fabric, click + Add, select
Forcepoint from the list and fill in:
- Base URL – URL which you specified when enabling the SMC API, for example
- Authentication Key – generated authentication API key from the SMC.
ip_list – Output data cannot be used as when tried, SMC API is returning unusable data.